A Belgian passport is one of the most powerful passports in the world. Getting a Belgian visa requires specific requirements related to the kind of photos that are acceptable to use. PhotoforID knows these requirements very well as we've had enough experience helping folks take pictures for their Belgian Visa. If it's your first time visiting Belgium, you might need a clear understanding of the country's visa requirements.
PhotoforID will assist in modifying an ordinary image and will help you optimize your image for visa approval. If you need assistance taking a passport photo at home, PhotoforID has it all!
Belgium Visa Photo Requirements
- Photo Dimensions: 35mm X 45mm.
- The background should be plain white or grey – no patterns or objects.
- Keep your head and face aligned in the middle of the photograph.
- Your eyes should be visible – open, with no tinted sunglasses or lenses.
- No side photo of your face must capture 85% face coverage with no marks or traces of red-eye.
- Use neutral expressions, and avoid laughing or showing any emotion.
- You can wear transparent non-thick-framed glasses in which your eyes are visible. Use glasses only if you have to – facing sight issues.
- The photo taken must not be older than 3 months; any more than that is unacceptable.
- Headgear is only allowed for religious reasons; however, try to avoid wearing headgear with patterns or multiple colors.
- Facial hair is legitimate.
- Wear head coverings so that your entire face is visible from the bottom of your chin to the top of your forehead.
Photo Specs and Requirements for Belgium Tourist Visa
The Belgian Tourist Visa has a set of rules and requirements to follow when applying for a Schengen visa. The following documents are a must:
- Visa application form
- Visa photographs
- Flight reservations
- Proof of hotel reservations and accommodations
- Travel Insurance
- Bank Statement
Belgium Tourist Visa photo specs are:
- Visa photo specs: 35 x 45mm.
- The photo must have a plain white background.
- Your face must be in the middle of the photo.
- It should not be an old photo.
- Don't wear headgear except for religious reasons.
- Wear glasses only if they are part of your daily routine, e.g., due to sight issues. Your eyes must be visible, and avoid glares on the lenses when clicking a photo.
- And last, you need two (2) photographs.
Visa Photo Requirements for newborns, babies, and infants
The Belgium Schengen visa official requirements include two visa photos for those who want to apply, especially for newborns, babies, or infants. Follow these easy tips to take a photo of a baby.
- The eyes of the baby have to be open.
- The background should be white. You should not capture yourself in the photo while holding the baby in your arms. Try using a white blanket or white bed sheet on which you can lay your baby.
- The baby's mouth should not be open, and keep aside the toy from the baby's face.
- And last, take as many photos of your baby so that you will have several photos in case the first one does not come out right.
Shoot your Belgium Visa Photographs with PhotoforID
- Download PhotoforID from the Google Play Store. Once the download is complete, open the app and upload a photo.
- Next, select the country.
- And last, choose Visa in photo type.
- Click submit.
PhotoforID will now initiate processing your passport photo. It will set the background color and photo dimensions per the selected country's Photo Requirements.
Once the photo is fully processed, you can proceed. The processed photos will be emailed to you. You can also have the photos posted to your home by paying $4 only. The payment method is protected by FASTSPRING (Norton Secured); you don't have to worry about your money. It's 100% secured.